Housing Campaign Pack and London Housing Campaign resources
Liberal Democrats at the London Assembly have come up with a 5 point plan to tackle London’s housing crisis:
- Double the delivery of affordable homes through increased City Hall investment and use of publicly owned brownfield land.
- Control runaway housing inflation by increasing the rate of Capital Gains Tax applied to second homes and investment properties.
- Bring 20,000 long term empty homes back into use as family homes.
- Introduce a “rent to own” scheme to help first time buyers into home ownership.
- Toughen up laws to prevent landlords from evicting tenants who ask for repairs & introduce longer, fixed-term, family friendly tenancies
Street stalls are a great way to make Londoners see that we are still out there campaigning with liberal solutions for London. This first pack helps you do that - but watch this space for more in the Autumn!
We have produced an A3 leaflet to promote Caroline and the Liberal Democrat teams campaigning on housing. You can download the artwork for this leaflet here. This leaflet is print ready but you can use if for drop in artwork or a template to adapt for your local campaigning.